Employment - Help Wanted
Johnson's Home & Garden Center is a family owned and operated business, and has been that way for over 42 years in Maple Valley. We pride ourselves on friendly customer service and providing a comfortable and reliable shopping experience. We have never closed during or due to a storm for example, and that is why folks love coming to our store. If you are looking for employment, we hope you'll consider applying to become part of our team.
Please come into the store for an application or download (click here)
Open Position: Cashier (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Reports To: Lead Cashier
Cashiers are responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, process sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, thanking every customer, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently record the sale of items to the register by scanning all items while adhering to all safety and security procedures. Receives accurate payment for merchandise; makes change; processes checks, credit and debit charges according to proper departmental procedures.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
- Count money in cash drawer at beginning and end of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Orders change, cash, loans from safe when needed, notifies a manager to makes drops/deposits of excess funds to the safe.
- Receives accurate payment for merchandise; makes
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with sales associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Skill in handling and counting cash.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.